FlowForce Server supports definition and execution of triggers to start data transformation jobs based on various criteria including time triggers for one-time or repetitive execution, file triggers to start a job when a specific file changes or when a new file is created in a hot folder, or remote triggers that poll for changes on an HTTP server.
FlowForce Server provides an integrated workflow from data mapping of XML, DBs, flat files, EDI, Excel (Office Open XML), XBRL, and/or Web services, through document and report generation, to deployment. You do not need to generate and compile source code or combine data transformation code with other modules to schedule or administer job execution. FlowForce Server is scalable to meet the needs of busy production environments, running multiple jobs simultaneously, or even multiple instances of the same job, depending on data inputs.
A FlowForce Server job executes MapForce Server to transform data based on mappings created and uploaded by Altova MapForce. FlowForce Server executes StyleVision Server to render XML and XBRL data into HTML, RTF, PDF, OOXML documents, and eForms using stylesheets created and uploaded by Altova StyleVision. Built-in actions such as copying or moving files, creating or removing directories, or executing arbitrary command lines allow you to move or delete intermediate working files, and much more. A FlowForce Server job can combine multiple actions to provide a complete end-to-end data transformation and presentation solution.
Administrators and users can manage and monitor FlowForce Server locally or remotely via an intuitive Web interface.
FlowForce Server Highlights
- Automates execution of MapForce Server to perform data transformations
- Automates execution of StyleVision Server to render reports, documents, and e-forms
- Activates job execution by time, file, or remote triggers
- Supports flow control with loops, conditions, result evaluation, and error handling
- Detailed execution logging
- Access control via roles, permissions, and privileges
- Intuitive Web interface to manage all server activities
- Configurable email notification for job steps or errors
- FTP read and write support
MapForce Server Integration
MapForce Server is an independent application from FlowForce Server, licensed separately.
FlowForce Server may be configured with or without MapForce Server, depending on the needs of your enterprise. FlowForce Server environments that manage transformations of XML, DB, CSV, EDI, Excel (Office Open XML), or XBRL data will require MapForce Server.
StyleVision Server Integration
StyleVision Server is an independent application from FlowForce Server, licensed separately.
FlowForce Server may be configured with or without StyleVision Server. FlowForce Server environments that render HTML, RTF, PDF, Word (Open XML) documents or reports from XML or XBRL data will require StyleVision Server.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows XP, 7, 8 or newer
- Linux (CentOS 6, Debian 6, and Ubuntu 12.04 or newer)
- Mac OS X10.7 or newer (Available in June)