Database Entity Relationship Diagrams
ER Diagram Features:
- Select individual tables to include in diagrams
- Automatically add related tables
- Expand or collapse keys and indexes compartments
- Drag tables and elements in the design window to organize
- One-click hierarchical layout
- Save diagrams as .png or .emf files
- Add sticky note annotations
- Custom print options with print preview
The Altova DatabaseSpy® 2016 graphical database Design Editor lets you graphically display the relationships of database tables and save entity relationship diagrams for reference and external documentation. You can view and edit the relationships of all your databases through one graphical user interface. You can customize, print, or save your database ER diagrams for reference in external documentation.
The DatabaseSpy graphical database designer supports multiple databases and automatically displays correct data types and other specialized features for the database you choose.
The DatabaseSpy graphical database design view offers several convenient features to help you analyze and document complex database table relationships. You can use the right-click context menu to easily create an entity relationship diagram for an existing database. The resulting entity relationship diagram opens automatically and is zoomed at full size in a scrollable view. You can also drag the highlighted rectangle in the overview helper window, or you can scale the main window to any size for a more complete view.
You can select any individual table to automatically highlight its relationships to other tables, and you can expand the keys section of the table to see detailed information. When you select any table, its connecting lines are color-coded where blue lines signify references to other tables, orange lines signify references from other tables, and green lines identify table self-references. You can select any connecting line in your ER diagram to automatically identify and highlight the related tables.
You can drag tables and relationship lines to reorganize the diagram as you like. You can even save the entity relationship diagram – with your changes – as a design file, print it, or export a copy as an image file to use in a report or other documentation.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014
- PostgreSQL 8, 9.0.10, 9.1.6, 9.2.1, 9.4
- Oracle® 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- MySQL® 5, 5.5, 5.6
- IBM DB2® 8, 9, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5
- IBM DB2 for iSeries® v6.1, 7.1
- Informix® 11.70
- Sybase® 12, Sybase ASE 15, 15.7
- Microsoft Access™ 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- SQLite 3.x
- Firebird 2.5
You can insert sticky notes anywhere in your entity relationship diagram to record special comments to explain design decisions or modifications, or otherwise enhance the documentation value of your table relationship diagram.