DatabaseSpy Graphical Database Design Tool
Database Design Tool Features:
- Automatically adjusts syntax for different database types
- Pop-up datatype selection window
- Edit existing database tables
- Create new tables and relationships without hand-writing SQL scripts
- Copy and paste between multiple open design windows
- Convert existing tables to a new database type
- Save database diagrams as .png, .bmp, .gif, and .jpg image files
- Print database table relationship diagrams
- Auto-generate SQL change scripts
- Save and reload design files
The Altova DatabaseSpy® 2016 graphical database Design Editor lets you view and edit the structures of all your databases through one graphical user interface. You can examine tables and relationships in an existing database to understand them more easily, you can edit existing database tables to better suit your needs, or you can add entire tables and specify all their column attributes and relationships to other tables from scratch.
The DatabaseSpy database design tool graphical view allows you to concentrate on the underlying structure of your data and any required modifications rather than the SQL commands required to implement them. As you work, the DatabaseSpy graphical database designer automatically constructs the SQL statements you will need, but you choose when to execute the database structure change script once all your edits are complete.
The DatabaseSpy graphical database designer supports multiple databases and automatically adjusts contents of pull-down lists of data types and other specialized features.
Visually Edit Database Tables
You can view the structure of any existing table in your database by dragging it from the database browser into the database design pane or by selecting it and choosing Show in Design Editor from the context menu. The table and column details are immediately displayed in the database designer graphical view.
The graphical image of each table includes compartments you can expand to view in greater detail or collapse so you can concentrate on table relationships, which are clearly indicated with connecting lines.
You can edit table column names and attributes directly in the graphical table display, or add a new column, index, key, or constraint by clicking icons, or via a right-click context menu. You can also edit existing entries directly in the design window or in the properties helper window.
Database Change Scripts
As you work in the graphical database Design Editor, DatabaseSpy automatically creates and updates the SQL statements required to implement your changes. You can review the SQL statements directly in the change script window, paste them into a new SQL Editor window, or save the script to a file. You can also execute the script directly or discard your changes if you wish.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014
- PostgreSQL 8, 9.0.10, 9.1.6, 9.2.1, 9.4
- Oracle® 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- MySQL® 5, 5.5, 5.6
- IBM DB2® 8, 9, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5
- IBM DB2 for iSeries® v6.1, 7.1
- Informix® 11.70
- Sybase® 12, Sybase ASE 15, 15.7
- Microsoft Access™ 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- SQLite 3.x
- Firebird 2.5
More Database Tools:
Graphically Create New Tables
The DatabaseSpy graphical database Design Editor is a convenient tool for creating completely new tables with multiple columns, keys, and indexes. You can even define relationships to other tables, based on foreign keys.