IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: swapna
About
User Name: swapna
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Chennai
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 52
[0.29% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Authentic eForm in Stylevision server
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:43:16 AM
Hi,

I have deployed my SPS file in StyleVision server through FlowForceServer and created a job to run the function. Finally, I could see the server is generating RTF, DOCX,PDF and HTML files. But I couldn't see Authentic eForm. How to get the eForm like we use in StyleVision. Is it possible to get Authentic eForm using StyleVision Server?
Topic: Adding custom function in mapforce core class
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:59:30 AM
Didn't find any replies for this post so far. Just wanted to know whether this is doable or not.
Topic: Adding custom function in mapforce core class
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:35:29 AM
Hi,

I have a requirement to add a custom function similar to group-adjacent and add some custom logic into it. I have created a function in Core class
and also included it in core.mff. I can do the mapping too. But Im getting the below error when i try to see the output.

ERROR G702: Algorithm construction: Error while processing macro for function core.my-group-adjacent
near /macro/cast/call
mf-6-3: Missing attribute 'type'

and when I try to generate code, Im getting the following error.

New Design1.mfd: Mapping validation failed - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
ERROR G401 in C:\Program Files\Altova\MapForce2013\spl\java\altova\functions\java/altova/functions/Core.java (Ln 827, Col 20): Keyword expected

I couldn't figure out how to fix these.
Please let me know how to resolve these errors.

Regards,
Swapna
Topic: code generation through Mapforce Server tool
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 7:15:15 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to generate code through Altova Mapforce server??
I'm aware that, we could generate could through Altova Mapforce GUI in windows, but we have a requirement to generate code in Linux. Since, Altova Mapforce server could be installed in linux, I just wanted to cross check whether we could generate code through it.

Best Regards,
Swapna
Topic: Mapforce flex text - spliting of records in a group
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:07:42 AM
Hi,

Im using mapforce flex text to create a template to store data in a text file. I have a batch header, batch trailer and detail record which resides in between header and trailer. I wanted to limit the number of records inside batch header and trailer to 3 per group. If more records are available then I wanted to create a new group with header and trailer, then include next 3 records into it.

Is there any workaround to do this?
Topic: DiffDog Tool closing abruptly
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:41:33 AM
Hi,

I have just started using DiffDog tool. I'm facing problem in saving difference of two xml's which is of 3KB and 2KB.
When I take difference of these two files and try to do "export difference" and save it in a location, on saving the DiffDog tool closes abruptly all the time.
Is there any limitation for saving the difference like file size?? please help.

Regards,
Swapna
Topic: Excel-Excel mapping
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:37:03 AM
Hi,

I have worked in XML and DB mapping using mapping but, I have just started to work with Excel-Excel mapping.

I have a set of source excel where the headers are given row-wise(Vertically).
I'm facing few problem in excel component.

1. It is not displaying the header name in the conponent where I'm ending up in looking at the excel manually for header name and map it to the target. In case of less data it's fine we can give the column name through "Select Range of cells" wizard. but if it's large manually entering the header name is not possible. please let me know if i'm missing anything.

2. Since the headers in the source and target excel which i'm dealing are row-wise(vertical), I have to manually specify the row number(eg:7) and colunm(eg:Q) to get a particular value. This is fine for single source but if there's going to be a different format of excels coming? I'm confused how to handle this. please help.

Thanks,
Swapna
Topic: Spy programming language
Posted: Friday, December 9, 2011 11:05:38 AM
I'm trying to modify the mapforce template spl files.
Is there any function available in Spy Programming Language to Match Patterns of string.

Topic: Rollback between to different database components
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:40:26 AM
Hi,

I'm using Altova Mapforce Enterprise Edition Version Sp1
Is it possible to rollback transactions that had happened using two different database target components?

For eg.,

We have two database components A and B each containing a set of tables in it.
If insertion of records into any of the tables in any of the components fails, we need to rollback the insertion that had happened using other component too.

When i looked into the java code that got generated, Connection to the database closes for each component.So that i'm not able to rollback between components.

Please someone guide me on this..

This is very important requirement. Please tell me is it possible or not..

Thanks,
Swapna

Topic: Break looping
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2011 3:31:01 PM
Hi,

As we do in java, is there any possibility to break looping if the given condition is met using mapforce.

For eg.,

Consider an array a[3] ={AAA, ABA, ABB}

if a[i] = "ABA"
set "Yes"
else if no "ABA" in the array
set "No"

In this case i have to set "yes" if condition is met and should not overwrite on next iteration.
Inorder to achieve the i have to break looping once condition is met.

Please let me know how to achieve this using mapforce.

Regards,
Swapna.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.