IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: vvenk
About
User Name: vvenk
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location USA
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Running into error: Tutorial : SimpleType
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 2:23:22 PM
Hello:

I was following the Tutorials to refresh basic concepts since I have been away from XML for a while.
When I was following the instrcutions on Complex and Simple Types, I am running into an error situation.
I created a simpletype called US-State. I then referenced it as the Type when I created a new element under US-Address called State.

But when I tried to save the file, it says that the file has errors. The error is not quite self-explanatory and I am not able to decipher what I did wrong.

What am I doing wrong?

Topic: Attribute of an element
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:06:59 PM
Hello:

I see that in order for me to create an attribute of an element, the "content" of that element has to be complex and cannot be simple.

Can somebody educate me on this topic?

Thanks.

Venki
Topic: Nillable?
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:30:16 PM
I see that one of the options I can set at te element level is called "Nillable"

Is this a typo? Should it really be "nullable" The generated xsd does say it's "nillable"

Thanks.

venki
Topic: Attributes of an element
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:28:07 PM
Hello:

I am trying to create an attribute of an element.

I am able to do so as long as the type of the element is not specified. The moment I assign a type to the element, I loose all the attributes I have defined for the element. And, I am unable to create any new attribute.

Can somebody enlighten me why this is the case?

Thanks.

Venki

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.