IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: pfisher44
About
User Name: pfisher44
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location atlanta
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 146
[0.81% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: EDI output...max line length of 80 characters
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:46:01 PM
so they are accepting CRLF terminated at 80 characters basically ?
nope, you'll have to post process the file.

BadgerSptNC wrote:
This is a new one for me. I am using MapForce 2015 to create an EDI 855 x12 file from a flat file. The output looks great, and I have had others certified by the military without modification, so I am very pleased with MapForce's performance.

Unfortunately, one of our trading partners has said this won't work. They want the lines at a max of 80 characters. It appears only the ISA segment of the document is longer than that.

I can do this from C# code that actually outputs the file using a library, but is there a setting I can use in MapForce to do it? I didn't see where and the help documentation doesn't mention anything about it.
Topic: Utility classes
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 5:50:50 PM
our generated code only makes one instance of altova.

Skrad wrote:
Hi guys,

Whenever you generate Java code from a MapForce design, MapForce creates the com.mapforce and com.altova package names.
The thing with the com.mapforce is, you can change that in settings to your likings, add 'folder-names' and make it a unique item for all your designs.
The com.altova however, always remains the same, as far as I can tell. In our case, this can cause issues between multiple instances.
Is there a way to alter this? Or a work around within MapForce?

Thanks in advance!
Topic: Logic in Mapforce ?
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:19:42 PM
I think you need to abstract that logic in to a single function, supply both dates you may optionally want to assign to a single return.

mklindquist wrote:
I believe I have figured out the logic but what I"m having trouble with is there are two different conditions that need to be compared to different data.

Quality Points - if this amount > 0 then the courseEndDate should populate the lastAttendedDate in the target; it also sets the Attendance and completed attributes to True.

Another thing I need to check for is the withdrawDate

If the withdrawDate is not null (meaning there is a date in here), then populate attendance with True and the lastAttendedDate with the withdrawDate.

When I tried to do this with another filter for withdrawdate I got the error that says "the input connector you are trying to connect to has already a connection assigned....."

Is there any way to get around this? Like is there a function where I can check the quality points - if greater than zero then lastAttendedDate = courseEnd Date else if withdrawDate is not null then populate lastAttendedDate with withdrawDate otherwise do nothing?
Topic: ERROR G702: Algorithm construction: Types are not sequence compatible.
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 2:23:31 PM
Whenever you get one of those Gnnn messages, there is basically nothing you can do your end. It's a bug in the software.
Topic: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."} System.Exception {System.OverflowException
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:15:22 PM
That happens from time to time when generating code.
2012 is an old version. maybe upgrade it.
if you are stuck with 2012, then look at the source code around where that error occurs and look at the method names / classes, you may be able to figure out where in the map it relates to based on the storage it's using. that may indicate some math operations you could change.

i've used exported java a lot and in some cases i've had subscript out of range issues due to a bug in the altova supporting classes.

eyap wrote:
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me. I'm using Altova 2012 rel 2 sp1 on a Windows 8 64 bit computer.

I made a database mapping to flextext file. In Mapforce, I am able to get correct output. but when I generate the mapping to C# and try to run I get the error

$exception {"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."} System.Exception {System.OverflowException}

I have tried this both on the 32bit and 64 bit version of Mapforce. Any idea how to resolve this?
Topic: JSON to string
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 5:45:51 PM
write a java plugin, then code your needs in the method.

ashokmsis wrote:
vlad wrote:
Something like this?

Thanks for your response.

In the example I gave person's address but we the json we receive will have dynamic data that it could be address and credit card detail or his employer details. We need to take a chunk of JSON and convert it into a raw JSON.

I tried to used convert to string function but it is just giving the value with in the JSON object but not raw JSON object.
Topic: Working with Folders in MapForce
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:11:17 PM
I don't know if you export your maps to java etc or run through the server product.
if you export to java for example, you can also create some java plugins, it's pretty simple.
in these plugins you can have pass the folder names etc you want to create or delete and use java code to do it.

eamankwahmanu wrote:
Hello Advanced MapForce Experts,

I need help on this topic and will like to know if these functionalities are possible in MapForce:
1. the ability to make MapForce create folders during runtime
2. the ability to delete files during runtime.
3. making MapForce run DOS commands

These I know one of you experts might have accomplished.

Thank you for the help.

Eric
Topic: Round date
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:16:51 PM
parse the date to a string, tokenize based on /
assign 1 to the day
add 2 to the month, reassemble the string to a date giving 7/1/2015
then use date function to deduct 1 day.
you'll need to fiddle with adding 2 to the month in case your on november or december.
it'll get you in to the ball park.

if it's too tricking with mapping, build a java plugin and call the method from within your map.

peterkoxxx wrote:
Hello.

How is it possible to round the date variables?

For example, the date 05/18/2015 to round to the end of the following month, ie .06/30/2015
Topic: The order of things..
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:21:49 PM
we use the 2013 product as we've not been able to upgrade due to additional defects that caused issues.
we extensively generate java source and depending on the positions on the design page, the order of parameters shifts based on position. it's also mentioned in altova's documentation related to command line options.
as far as i know they still implement it.

Skrad wrote:
Hi pfisher44,

Thank you for your reply.
Before I was going to post that I can't believe that Altova would make such a design flaw as you hereby describe according to X/Y position, I did some research and hustled up my design. Just to make sure...

I compared both Java codes and they remain identical. So, I'm am sorry to say that your statement is not or maybe no longer valid.
Our version is the most recent one. But I can hardly imagine that in one of the more recent 'older' versions, they fixed this alleged flaw if it eve existed somewhere down the line.

Anyone else?...
Topic: The order of things..
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:06:26 PM
for the most part it's the X/Y position on the design screen. if you physically change the order on the screen, the method signature of the inputs change.
so if you export to lets say Java to feed data in to a map, be VERY CAREFUL not to accidentally move things around or you'll end up messing up your mapping. in a production environment, that could be bad.

Skrad wrote:
Hi all,

I am wondering, whenever you make a mapping with multiple input sources, how does MapForce define the sequence of operations?

Say like, you have three input sources all going into one target output.
Which one comes first, second and last in the order? Are there specific rules?

I figured out that when the rows of one are connected and the others are not, then it takes the one with the connected rows as first.
When you generate Java code, in the classes you will find:
com.altova.mapforce.IMFNode var1_instance_InputFileWithRows;
com.altova.mapforce.IMFNode var2_instance_fileB;
com.altova.mapforce.IMFNode var3_instance_fileC;
The var1, 2, and 3 are the order of the reading of the files.

Thank you

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.