IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: JohanIb
About
User Name: JohanIb
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location The Netherlands
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Newbie: Mapping XML to EDIFACT
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 9:44:07 AM
that wrote:
Usually such messages as "no content is available" are triggered by mapping from some XML element that doesn't have simple content (such as an element that can only contain child elements, or and element with empty content) to some target that expects simple content, e.g. a string.

So I recommend checking your source XML schema - maybe you auto-generated it from an XML instance file that had empty content in that field.

Yes thank you, this was exactly the case! I thought the XML file would be leading, but in fact the XSD is leading.
Topic: Newbie: Mapping XML to EDIFACT
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 1:13:39 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying out mapforce and building a mapping from XML to EDIFACT. I think I configured it the way I should but I still get warnings and errors.
- Input value of function core.format-date: There is no simple content available, thus the function will never be called. (Both input paths are filled so why content is not available it beats me)
- F1082: The target expects content, but no content is available. (I mapped this field, there should be data)
- Path: Interchange(1 of 1..*) / Group(1 of 1..*) / Message_ORDERS(1 of 1..*) / SG29(1 of 0..200000) / PIA(0 of 0..25)

I'm looking for examples on how to do this, but I can't find anything. Is there anyone who can help me? Maybe you have an example for me I can have a look at or somebody is maybe willing to look at my mapping?

I would be enormous grateful!!
Best wishes,
Johan

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.