IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: stewhi019
About
User Name: stewhi019
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Simple flat file cartesian join
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:05:12 AM
Hi all. Someone please straighten me out on something I figured would be fairly simple. I've seen examples in hierarchical structures but have been unable to create the way I need. I have a need to create a controlled permuataion or cartesian product based on multiple supplied flat files/values (delimited for simplicity's sake).

Scenario 1:
Assume FILE A has 10,000 rows of transaction data. One of the data columns contains a type code of sorts.
Assume FILE B has 2 rows of type codes. PLEASE also assume that FILE B may be variable and contain more type codes on future translations, meaning I can't just map it to another instance below in the target component.

I want to create the 10,000 rows TWICE, one set with each type code.

Scenario 2:

Assume FILE A has 10,000 rows of transaction data. One of the data columns contains a type code of sorts.
Assume FILE B has 100 rows of people data.

I want to create the 10,000 rows 100 times so that each "person" has 10,000 rows of transaction data.

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Rest Request Web Service Bearer Token
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:15:44 PM

Yes, the token expires on a specified interval. I did figure it out and it was actually so simple. I guess that is why I was overlooking it.

I was taking the literal response token and plugging that into the new request. What was needed was just a concatenate ("Bearer ",{TOKEN}) to match the string the service is looking for exactly.

The service is doing pagination on the results so I have to figure that out next but in good shape now. Thank you!

Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:15:02 PM

Yes, the token expires on a specified interval. I did figure it out and it was actually so simple. I guess that is why I was overlooking it.

I was taking the literal response token and plugging that into the new request. What was needed was just a concatenate ("Bearer ",{TOKEN}) to match the string the service is looking for exactly.

The service is doing pagination on the results so I have to figure that out next but in good shape now. Thank you!

Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:52:37 PM
Hello. I am still fairly new to MapForce and joined this forum after searching for a solution.

I am trying to use MapForce to retrieve data from a web service. To use this service, I must first obtain a bearer token (which I have done successfully in the application).

Would somebody please point me in the right direction for supplying a second call to another endpoint with this bearer token? I don't see anything in the settings for authorization other than username/password. I am sorry if I have missed a relevant topic, but I have searched without finding anything.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.