IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: jericho2597
About
User Name: jericho2597
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location New Zealand
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Nested Recursive XML elements
Posted: Monday, September 2, 2019 2:06:32 AM
Hi,

I have encountered some issues trying to create a user-defined function that will map an XML file that has complex type elements that can recursively contain themselves to an infinite depth.

I have looked at the recursive search guide on the Altova website and it gave some help however it seems to solve the issue of filtering elements in a nested structuring but not mapping them to a non nested form.

The input I have is a XML file which can have multiple 'BuildingPart' elements that can further contain these elements. I want to output a list of all 'BuildingPart' elements in an excel spreadsheet where each row has the attributes of one element. Also ideally there would be a second tab in the sheet that contains ID's of directly linked parent-child BuildingParts. I can't figure out how to go from the nested XML structure to a list of all elements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jericho

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.