IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: soup
About
User Name: soup
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: bridge table/many-to-many relationship/table with more than one foreign keys
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2018 12:15:22 PM
Hi,

I am trying to map data from xml to postgres database. The database has a few link tables that resolve many-to-many relationship.

As an example, I use person and address tables with many-to-many relationship and then there is person_address bridge table with only two columns: personId(FK) and addressId(FK). Both personId and addressId are auto-generated by the database (or I can use max()+1 to fill it from mapforce).

If there was only one foreign key in the table then I would have resolved it by defining relationships in mapforce but I am a bit lost here in this case. I want to know how can I populate multiple foreign keys in a table coming from more than one tables?

Also all the relationships between the objects are defined in the xsd and once the data gets into the database I have no relationship track anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.