IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: BenRhew
About
User Name: BenRhew
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Question on XML to DB with multiple levels of nesting
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:22:27 AM
Aha, thank you for that! That was the one thing I didn't try - now I can move on with the rest of my mapping.
Topic: Question on XML to DB with multiple levels of nesting
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:58:21 PM
Hello all,

I am trying to take an XML document and store it in several database tables - basically document ingestion. I am having a bit of a problem, however, as my documents have 2 levels of nesting - the main document has sub-documents, and those sub-documents can in turn have an array of values as one of the fields, essentially another sub-document. When testing the mapping to output to database tables, the main document and the first sub-document all behave correctly, except for the array of values fields. I get warnings on those - "One or several additional values were skipped." I have tried several different methods to get this to work and have not been successful, including variables, filters, and other mappings. The mapping I am trying to work with looks like this (this is simplified to the bare bones of the problem), and references a couple of tables. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.