IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: chrisheazlewood
About
User Name: chrisheazlewood
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Controling self closing nodes
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:12:37 AM
thanks for the reply. good to know.
For us turns out, we we not comparing apples to apples. The output from the deployed instance was being viewed through another system that uses a webpage as a UI. This system was manipulating the xml. Turns out the actual output from the deployed FlowForce server was the same as we were getting locally.

Regards
Topic: Extract a Map from FlowForce
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:07:54 AM
thanks for confirming.
Topic: Extract a Map from FlowForce
Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 1:58:18 AM
We deployed a map to our FlowForce server. I would like to now extract that map and the open it in MapForce. Is this possible?

I tried using the FlowForce extraction, however the extracted file was not in the right format to be opened.
I believe its not possible but wanted to confirm in case Im missing a importer.
Topic: Controling self closing nodes
Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 1:43:40 AM
We are using Mapforce (deployed to FlowForce) to convert between xml and XBRL documents.

We have a version of a map that has been deployed to a FlowForce server, however it was not checked in (at least not the final version). We have replicated the changes however one difference I don't know how to fix is the way empty nodes are outputted.
I am trying to update checked in map to match what is on the FlowForce.

On the FlowForce server the empty nodes output like this
<nodename />
On the test server they output like this
<nodename></nodename>

It could be a difference between the config on the servers or a difference in the mapping I am not sure.

Any one know how this is managed? How can i change the way empty nodes are outputted?
Cheers

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.