IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: AlexRS
About
User Name: AlexRS
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Germany
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Mapping S1000D XML to other things
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:14:57 PM
Hello World,

this topic is for all the people working on an S1000D Mapping.
In the next Days and weeks I´m going to submit my Mappings and hope that all S1000D-Mapper can profit from another.
Topic: Grouping elements under new parent elements
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:11:27 PM
Gibson335 wrote:
Yes it is. Sorry for the late reply, but my PC just got the better of me for a while...

Great,

I´m going to open a new thread for this, because in this forum there are no private messages and it is also good to find more people working on the same problems.
I think we could profit from each other.
Topic: Handing over Element-/Attribue-Name AND content into one input into a function
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:54:28 PM
I´m trying to Map from one XML Schema to another XML Schema.

Not every Element/Attribute will be mapped to the Target-Schema.
-> For this situation, I want to write a Comment into my Target XML File. There should be written the Element/Attribute-Name and his content which is not mapped.

The best Way would be, to get an correct Log-File for this situation, but I don´t know exactly how to make it.
The Problem is, I have to map a ton of elements (>1000) and drop also a ton of elements (>1000) so I would like to use a simple Function to map my Elements which cannot be mapped to a Comment. A Log-File would be the best Way, but I don´t know how to deal with it.
Topic: Handing over Element-/Attribue-Name AND content into one input into a function
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:37:49 AM
Hey Boys and Girls,

how to handover the elementname or attributename AND the content of the element or attribute into a user-defined-funtion into ONE Input-field?

THX
Topic: Grouping elements under new parent elements
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:47:10 PM
Hey Gibson335,

are you working on a S1000D Mapping?
Topic: Recurring Elements out and in itself
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:30:07 AM
Hey Forum,

I would like to transform XML Files to XML Files. In specific actually S1000D 4.1 XML to S1000D 2.3 XML.
I have some problems Mapping the same Elements again and again.

Is there a solution for Mapping one Element only once, and everytime it occurs MapForce uses the same Mapping.

I have attached a Sample Project (MAPPING same elements), and the one I am working actually on (S1000D MAPPING).

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.