IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: amatts
About
User Name: amatts
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location United States
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: calling up shell script from command line
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:01:43 PM
In Flowforce, I have need to call a shell script from system/shell/command line. I needed to create a separate script as it is too much code for a single line, and the FTP feature does not allow retrieving multiple files through wild cards. So I have looked through the examples that were available to me, but which did not actually call a shell script. My script runs fine if I call it from a terminal window. I'm trying to utilize the scheduling feature of Flowforce and will need to facilitate calling many different scripts to Retrieve files FTP.

It exits with log message 'Message: Step FlowForce.command-line completed with status: 255 execle failed.' Further log details are not revealing in the /var/syslog.

Command Line: /public/inbound_flat_file/ftp_wget_ml_lsi_shell.sh
Working Directory: /public/inbound_flat_file

Any help is appreciated, including pointing me in a direction to where exists wealth of command line examples.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.