IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: mpa
About
User Name: mpa
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Germany
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Not unique IDs while conditional formatting
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 1:18:46 PM
Hello island,

that sounds good, but I just checked it and found that I had XSLT 1.0 enabled.

PS: XSLT 2.0 or higher generated stylesheets were not displayed in the browser during the tests, so we generate the stylesheets generated in XSLT 1.0.

PPS: The generated XSLT file starts like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--Designed and generated by Altova StyleVision Basic Edition 2017 rel. 3 sp1 - see http://www.altova.com/stylevision for more information.-->
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
Topic: Not unique IDs while conditional formatting
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 11:39:52 AM
Hello,

Here's my problem:

I have created a stylesheet with Stylevision (2017), which works wonderfully integrated into an XML file.

If I open this XML file in XML Spy (2010), it complains about not unique IDs with conditional formatting.

Translation of the error:
Variable or parameter 'bColumn...' cannot be defined twice within the same template.

PS: The stylesheet was created using Altova Stylevision only.
Topic: elements xml style and sequence
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:59:55 PM
vlad wrote:
I understand now your issue. I've created a sample design - hopefully this is what you were looking for. The way how it works - I've changed table template to * (asterisk), which builds table over all child elements in their sequence as they come

Thank you very much Vlad, that was a great example - my xslt-stylesheet is complete now! =)

Actually I did almost the same... What have you used - user-defined template?
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 10:08:43 AM
vlad wrote:
Sorry, still unclear. The file you sent doesn't correspond to the screenshot you sent. Can you attach XML, Schema and your SPS design as you have it now. Maybe it will help.

Based on your description you need to either use grouping functionality, or sort, or both of them. If still have no idea how, send all files as you have them.

Sorry, I really try to explain it... The XML file have the 4 elements inside and I have to iterate them.

I have to iterate about these 4 elements/different positions under "positionen" and modify output row based on elements type.

If I would use the example from XML File I would look:

Row: TABLE Head with column names
Row(s): if(element=goziffer){then print goziffer row}
Row(s): elseif(element=auslagen){then print auslagen row}

Do you speak russian? May I mail you in russian or maybe german language? :-)

I'm afraid its not possible to share the complete file. We have very strictly rules in company.
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 8:56:31 AM
vlad wrote:
It is completely unclear what you are trying to say. Why don't you attach your source files and sample output so that we can easily help

I have to keep the right seqence of "1, 2, 3, 4" so the person who will take a look on the output can easily see 1, 2 and 3 belongs together and 4 is separate or something like this.
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 12:05:13 PM
Hi,

I need help with creating XML-Stylesheet for dynamic elements. It means I have some set of different elements:

Example "elements set" with 4 elements inside and 2 element kinds in following sequence (in future up to 5-6 possible)

position name characteristics

1. apple [1--2--3--4--5]
2. pear [1--2-----4--5]
3. pear [1--2-----4--5]
4. apple [1--2--3--4--5]

For every element kind I have some template for showing as HTML and I have to use the given seqence!

position characteristics

1. 1--2--3--4--5
2. 1--2------4--5
3. 1--2------4--5
4. 1--2--3--4--5

If I use "insert condition" with some branches (1. catches apples, 2. catches pears) I can catch just 2 of them so I get this output

position characteristics

2. 1--2--3--4--5
3. 1--2--3--4--5

or

position characteristics

1. 1--2--3--4--5
4. 1--2--3--4--5

Maybe someone can give me an answer how to manage all of the elements.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.