IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: montesa
About
User Name: montesa
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Stuttgart, Germany
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: [Mobile together] some basic questions
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 6:12:05 PM
Okay maybe one last thing.

Since the changes work perfect so far im still working on these graphs. They are displayed on a homepage.

I want to be able to click on a button i already implemented and open the Homepage in the currently used browser. Is there a way?
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 2:21:51 PM
Thanks K101 for your fast answer!

1. I understand that its not possible.
Then following that point 1.1. you can simply ignore. To make it look really nice i think it would be nice that if you could set a background picture that it 'shines' through a label. So that you can still see what the picture is about. Thats why i would like transparency. Regarding that there is no opportunity to set a background i think there is no sense in changing the transparency of the filling color.

2. Thanks for your help, it now works properly as i would want it to work.

3. I kinda figured that out too. I thought it would be a .png picture of the graph. I came around the solution that i implemented a button that opens the URL of the graph.

4. Thanks, i will use this. Helps me alot!

Big thanks to you for your really quick answer!

Best regards,
Rene
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 12:06:50 AM
Hey guys,
hope you can help me out. I've got some (i think they are) basic questions regarding Altova Mobile Together.
I am creating an automatic watering machine for my plants with an Arduino Uno as the controlling unit. It has like 5 Sensors which detect several Values like Temperature, Humidity and so on. These Values i want to show in an App that i am programming.

What i've got so far is that the Arduino is working completely. The Values of the different sensors are sent so a Cloud (thingspeak) and i can see them in my app. Now what i want to do is some more features for the app. Problem is that i am working with XPATH for the first time and i have some problems with it coming from java/C#. I am able to request the values from the cloud so far.

1. I want to set a background. The design of the App is something like windows 95'ish, not very nice, though kinda handy, but i want a bit "modern" one. I want to set background with a .jpg/.png that i already created. How do i set this?
1.1. The labels that i use to show come Text are now light grey. I want them to be at let's say 50% transparency. Is there any way to achieve this?

2. I need something like that:
if (cloud_value x < 100) then setLabel1 to "TEXT"
else setLabel1 to "ANOTHERTEXT"
As i said coming from java i found no way to program this and this is kind of crucial.

3. I want to implement a picture/graph from a website. Now this seems to be so super easy but i had so much troubles with it. I tried to implement a picture by an URL but it didnt work out for me. I just dont get it how it works. I am not sure if you can see it but this is the graph:
https://thingspeak.com/channels/260203/charts/1?bgcolor=%23ffffff&color=%23d62020&dynamic=true&results=60&type=line&update=15

4. I want to show if its in the morning (8-12 am), the evening (...) and so on. So i need to kinda read the actual time from the device. Is that possible? After that i guess its another "if"-expression as in question 2.

Well that it for now. I know its a lot but i hope these questions are so basic that you guys can help me out.

Best regards,
Rene

EDIT: Problem 2 is kinda solved. I got some problems with the values but finally found how to get the if expression done.
For problem 3 i now found out that the link does not redirect to a picture. Is there a way that i can do q quickzoom to the homepage? Means i use a frame like a window and in it you see the http with the chart on it?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.