IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: MSActivus
About
User Name: MSActivus
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location United Kingdom
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Testing for an empty node
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:55:34 PM
So, I've been able to use a 'value-map' as a list of items, and this works fine.

All is left now is to be able to test for an empty node. Any ideas please?
Topic: Testing for an empty node
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:21:01 PM
I have a node that I'm testing against. I have a scenario, where if the value in the node is equal to a set of values, it should return 'true'.
Also, if it doesn't exist. It should return true.

I am using the mapping below.

Issue is, when I run it, it skips the first value in the list of 'InvoiceLines' and returns false. As shown in the picture.

Question: How can I stop this from happening?

Also:
Question: How can I put the list of values in a list, instead of as a constant?

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Trying to loop through a node
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:36:42 PM
Hi there,

I have a node (actclaim:AdditionalInfo). This node is a list of child nodes (ActivusCommon:AdditionalInfo).

Now, I want to be able to loop though the each child node (ActivusCommon:AdditionalInfo), while doing a check on it.

At the moment, as the picture below shows. It only gets to one element of the child node. If this is true, it lets tells the filter 'true'/.

But I want it to only tell the filter 'true' once it has checked every child node and see that no element is equal to upper-cased version of AdditionalInfoName.

I hope I've explained it correctly.

Kind regards,
Topic: EDI X12 999 generation
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:08:14 PM
Thanks a lot for your response. It's much appreciated.

I tried that you see. And this is what I get in the output (see attached pic).

I was hoping the TA1 segment won't appear at all.

So, when there is a '0', the logic will be false as a result, no TA1 to be generated.

Edit*: can;t display 2 pictures for some reason. The other screen grab shows the ISA connection mapping.
Topic: EDI X12 999 generation
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:01:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I have the mapping (attached).
I need a TA1 segment and I've followed the instruction here. Issues is, when I tell Mapforce to generate the X12 999 output, the TA1 segment is not populated.

First question: Anyway I can get mapforce to auto-generate the X12 999, and map to this segment in the output?
Second question: If the above is not possible.How can I prevent the generation of a segment (in this case TA1)? I'm asking, because it should be optional. Depending on the entry in the incoming X12 837 file.
I've tried to leave it blank or pass a '0' to the parent node (TA1), and it still outputs TA1 segment in the output.

Hope my enquiries are clear enough.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks.
Topic: XML transformations and UTF encoding
Posted: Thursday, March 2, 2017 11:35:03 AM
Hope this is the right section to post this.

My team are making use of Mapforce to transform XML data from one form to another. We have a project written in C#, which uses the mapforce generated DLLs.

We have a transformation that takes place, with an output data encoded in UTF8.

Issue is, when the transform takes place while in code (calling the Run method), the resulting transform has UTF-16 encoding. Which is odd, because in mapforce, the output is clearly UTF-8.

We are of the impression this is a bug. Could you please confirm this. if it's not a bug, please advise on how to rectify this.

Available for a skype call (screen share), if it's an option.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.