IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Michael Mann
About
User Name: Michael Mann
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Germany
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.23% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: group by / distinct best practice
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:53:29 AM
When grouping items by a key I often struggle what is the best way to get distinct values (more than only the key).
Is there a way to to avoid using multiple distinct-values components to get all distinct values of an Input source?

Topic: convert result to string
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:53:51 PM
I redefine the question: Can I Setup an Output Parameter that works directly in a flow step?
It seems that flow force can't directly reuse an Output Parameter from a mapping. Is that correct?
Topic: convert result to string
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:02:06 PM
Hi, I have always trouble using and reusing mapping Outputs in a job flow.
In this example I have an Output of a mapping (Default string), that I want to use as a Parameter for another command-line call.

But I am struggling converting the result into a string. I searched in the documentation but I failed so far. The documentation isn't very helpful (at least for me).
Can anyone help me how to convert a "result" into a "string" for reusing the Parameter in a next step?

Thanks in advance
Michael
Topic: Filter doesn't produce output
Posted: Monday, September 4, 2017 11:37:10 AM
Hi,
I don't know why in one situation the filter component doesn't produce any Output and in the other Situation it does.
I have an Input with two distinct entries: 1 and 2. This Input should create two Output files: wait-for-pts.go and download.go.
if key = 1 then wait-for-pts.go should be created.
if key = 2 then download.go should be created.
Because the Input file has both entries, both files should be created.

I have made two examples for this, one that is working and one that isn't. But i cannot explain why the first one is not working.

1st example - SupportTriggerFiles (not working): only the second filter is working, for which the condition is true. The condition false is not working.
2nd example - SupportTriggerFiles-2: this is working for both conditions, and it has an additional if-else component.

Can anyone tell me why the 1st example doesn't work and why the filter where the on-false Output should create the file doesn't produce the expected Output? If I add an additional equal condition to connect only "true" Outputs, then it works. But I want to know why the on-false is not working.

Thanks in advance
Topic: Automating XML and XSLT with MapForce/XMLSpy?
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:15:50 PM
Hi,

I am using MapForce to generate XML files that I want to be displayed as an HTML Report. That's why I have built an XSLT and when pressing F10 in XMLSpy it generates the desired output by using the xslt file.

In order to achieve this, I have to add a line before the opening tag, something like "<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='view-result.xslt'?> ".

Is there a way to automate it in / with MapForce? How do I add the stylesheet line to my XML?
Is it possible to automate it in FlowForce?

Thanks in advance
Michael
Topic: Generic comparison of xml elements?
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:37:07 PM
Hi is there a simple way of comparing two XML elements for equality?

I want to know if instance a of type Booking is completely equal to instance b of type Booking. Any hints?

Thanks in advance
Topic: FIXED: commandline parameters
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 2:46:27 PM
i found a solution:

SftpConnector.exe "{currentWorkDir}" {type}

Topic: FIXED: commandline parameters
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 2:29:56 PM
Hi, I want to execute an exe-file with two commandline parameters. But I have trouble setting the parameter in between " ".

1st Argument is a path, and 2nd Argument a file filter (*.xml"). For a successfull execution the Parameters must be put in between "".

This is working:
SftpConnector.exe "C:\Prog_x86\PTS Test\Running\237" "*.xml", but
this isn't:
SftpConnector.exe {currentWorkDir} "*.xml".

I tried to escape the " character, but without success. How do I use the variable currentWorkDir and put it in between " " ?

Topic: Save only records with a successfull lookup
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:43:12 PM
thank you again. Now it's working...
Topic: Create file only if a condition is met
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 1:06:06 PM
I managed it, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
It's just the difference to connecto to "rows" or to "field1".

When connecting to field and not to rows, it's working. But if I connect "rows" then always a file gets created.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.