IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: dimoss
About
User Name: dimoss
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Compare data from SQL queries
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:34:18 AM
Hi

I have checked this tool and works great when compared tables from source to target.
However I don't see any option to compare and synchronize data returned by SQL queries with data stored in ordinary tables. For example if I write a query to select certain data, how can I compare and synchronize only this recordset.
I think this would be a useful feature to be added.

Thanks!
Topic: Compare data as schedule job
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:32:18 PM
K101 wrote:
I assume you're comparing database data. DatabaseSpy doesn't offer any command-line or API automation. DiffDog does, but only if you're comparing folders or files. We'll take your message as a feature request for command-line or API automation of DatabaseSpy.

Yes I compare data between db tables so if it was possible to run the process through the Windows task scheduler or something similar would be great!
Thanks!
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 11:51:56 AM
dimoss wrote:
Hi

I wonder if it's possible to run compare data with databasespy automatically via task scheduler.
This would be great.

Thanks

Nobody?
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 9:56:09 AM
Hi

I wonder if it's possible to run compare data with databasespy automatically via task scheduler.
This would be great.

Thanks
Topic: View only MSSQL Server user
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 9:49:52 AM
vlad wrote:
Are you able to save the data with Commit button?

Yes I am able and that is weird.

This happens only if I connect using the SQL Native Client 11 option because if I make the connection through a normal connection string using ADO.NET everything works as expected which means the uses hasn't edit rights!
Topic: View only MSSQL Server user
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:01:30 PM
Hi

I downloaded the DatabaseSpy 2017 PRO ver. to test it locally.
I have created a view only SQL user in my MSSQL Server 2012 and I use this user to connect to the db via DatabaseSpy.
Everything is ok and I connect using the Native SQL client.
The problem is that I am still able to edit the data of the db tables while I shouldn't!
Using the same user to connect using SQL Server Management Studio I can only SELECT and not UPDATE as it should be.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.