IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: larrywmsn
About
User Name: larrywmsn
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.10% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Maximum reuse count reached
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2022 12:31:36 PM
We rebooted our server now every job gives us this error:

Shutting down tool instance 5 of MapForce 2021 for FlowForce@ASever; maximum reuse count reached.

Does anyone know how to get thing running again?
Topic: compute-once (per map)
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 9:02:24 PM
The compute-once option on Variables is a bit confusing as there are several instances that it will compute multiple times in a single map:

Quote:
"Compute-once"

If necessary, you can choose to compute the variable value once before each of the target components, making the variable essentially a global constant for the rest of the mapping.

When you change the scope of a variable to compute-when=once, the input connector is removed from the compute-when item, since such a variable is only evaluated once.

In a user-defined function, the compute-when=once variable is evaluated each time the function is called before the actual function result is evaluated.

Because I have multiple target components this becomes a major issue for me. Is there any good alternative, or are there any plans to make a compute-only-once-we-really-mean-it (per map) function?
Topic: Lazy documentation - string-compare
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 3:53:47 PM
I find much of the documentation lacking, but this is just plain lazy:

Quote:
string-compare

Returns the result of a string comparison of string1 with string2, taking case into account. If both strings are equal, then the result is 0. If string1 is smaller than string2 then the result is -1. If string1 is larger than string2 then the result is 1.

I actually have no idea what result I should expect from this function according to the documentation. What do I get if the length is the same but the text is different?

Here's what I found.

Exact match: 0
Less characters: -1
More characters: 1
Same number of characters, but ASCII alphabet sorting higher: 1
Same number of characters, but ASCII alphabet sorting lower: -1

A string compare should not do "smaller or larger". I would imagine that almost everyone who uses the string-compare functions just wants a true or false for the match. Match pattern gives a true or false, but Regex matching should be a lot slower compared to a proper string match function. /rant
Topic: Node as string
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2020 8:51:48 PM
You are correct, but my auto-correct is not. EDIFACT was what I was trying to type. I didn't even notice the change.
Topic: Node as string
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 3:00:13 PM
I have a mapping with an Ebcdic file. I'd like to get the raw string of a node complete with field, record and line separators. When I use the string function it shows all the data but no separators.

Is there a way to do this?
Topic: File delete takes 3-5 seconds
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:04:16 PM
Has anyone else experienced long file delete times? We create many files in different directories during our process and we need to delete some of them at different times. Each file delete operation takes 3-5 seconds and slows down the flow.
Topic: FlowForce 2019
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:06:08 PM
This and US support hours!

Everything is working again.

It would have been great if they pulled back the upgrade knowing there was a major issue.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 6:48:23 PM
Thanks for the help. I was trying a bit of URL hacking and I found it using this pattern:

https://cdn.sw.altova.com/v2018r2sp1/multi-lingual/FlowForceServer2018rel2sp1_64.exe
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 5:44:31 PM
Thanks! I'm having trouble locating the install for the previous versions of FlowForce server. It appears that Altova only makes downloading previous version of the desktop products easy to find. Do you know where I could locate the install?

Sorry for so many questions, we are basically in a system down situation and Altova support isn't available until 3 am EDT.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 5:21:47 PM
Thanks for the quick answer. Do you have best practices for going back a version?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.