IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Stevo42
About
User Name: Stevo42
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to generate XSLFO & PDF on customer's computer
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 12:44:42 PM
Up to now we are generating PDFs from XML via Stylevision's XSLFO / Altova Community Edition and Apache FOP on a "centralized" server.

Now we have the requirement to produce the PDFs locally on the customer's computers.

I guess it's a fairly typical requirement to be able to produce PDFs (via the XSLFO route) locally (on individual PCs), so I was wondering what the preferred technical solution for this would be?

Many thanks!

Stevo
Topic: Get number of pages of resulting PDF doc in .NET
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 6:03:35 AM
Hi there,

we are transforming XML --> XSLFO --> PDF. For the first step we use the Altova COM API in .NET, for the second step Apache FOP.

My question is: Is it possible to get the number of pages of the resulting PDF file either in the first step in .NET or in the second step in the Java programm that is doing the XSLFO transformation?

We would like to be able to write a file to disc with the number of pages per generated PDF file (and they are variable in their number of pages, e.g. as they have running tables/sums), hence the question.

Many thanks!

Topic: Speed up performance of objAltovaXML.XSLT2.Execute
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:42:16 PM
vlad wrote:
That is not exactly correct. The box with the LicenseServer must have an Internet connection. The box (VM) with the RaptorXML must only be able to connect to the LicenseServer.

You are right, I over-simplified that. Still no luck when I would like to install both for easy testing purposes on the same box without internet connection.
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:24:09 AM
Would have loved to evaluate RaptorXML, but an evaluation is only possible on a box with internet connection. And my dev VM doesn't have one.

That's a real shame as I can't test this product then.
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 5:18:08 PM
Hi there,

I am using calls in .NET via the AltovaXML COM component to transform XML-> XSLFO:

Quote:
objAltovaXML.XSLT2.Execute

I have many one-page documents that need to be transformed into XSLFOs. What I have noticed is that it takes roughly 0,3 seconds per XSLFO to be written by AltovaXML (community edition from 2012 or 2013).

So I am doing loads of calls to

Quote:
objAltovaXML.XSLT2.Execute

to generate all my one-page XSLFOs.

Here are my questions:

* Is there a way to pass to the AltovaXML component multiple XML Input files (that will be generated into separate XSLFO files). The Intention here would be to save some start up time on the AltovaXML component?
* Or is there any other way to Speed up AltovaXML for many transformations?

Topic: Successor of Altova_XML_Community_Edition_2012/2013
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 5:09:02 PM
In the past I have used Altova_XML_Community_Edition_2012/2013 to programmatically transform XML->XSLFO documents via .NET.

What I am now wondering about: Is there an update to Altova_XML_Community_Edition_2013 that is free? Or has it been incorporated into the paid only Raptor products (at least that's what I understood from the website).

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.