IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: Hyenas
About
User Name: Hyenas
Forum Rank: Member
Location Arizona, USA
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.08% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scheduling MapForce, selects have joins
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:29:28 PM
Hi,
I am using MapForce Enterprise Edition X64 2018 SP1.

I need to schedule some simple transformations. The transformations require database selects. I am getting errors like

Mapping contains one or more components that are not available in C# language.
db.CrystalAccount.SEL_L2110_CAS: SELECT statements having input parameters are not supported for C#.

Does this mean that if I output to C# I can't use a database select that takes in part of a line of a file and then uses a select against that to generate the correct output? That would be AWFUL.

If so, what the heck do I do to make the thing auto generate transformations that do have selects with input parameters and that I can schedule to run when I want to be asleep?

Thank you.
Topic: What Visual Studio C# version to get?
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:21:32 PM
Hi,
I have MapForce 2018 X64 Enterprise Edition SP1. Before installing C# on my desktop for development the PC department wants to know EXACTLY what version they need to install. Is there a preferred version/edition/etc? Is there a minimum/maximum edition?

Thank you for your time.
Topic: Bug - Pipe Multiple EDI transactions?
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:17:28 PM
Hi,

I have a business reason to have one EDI 835 piped into a second and then into a third. Left 835 connects to middle 835 that connects to the right 835. I'd expect it to work but it doesn't. I always get an error about the middle one. Is there a configuration to get around this? Is it a known bug?

I tried to go from an 835 to a second 835 and then have the second 835 generate the 997 so I could transform the 835 and look at the 997 of the transformed 835. That gave me the same bug.

I am using V17 R3 SP1 64 bit on Windows 7 if it matters.
Topic: Change my e-mail in forum?
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:18:05 PM
Hi,
I registered when I worked for a company that doesn't exist any more. Now I am at my new job and they have bought several Altova licenses because they work and I am back to using the forum here.

So how do I get my e-mail changed to match my (now two years) job?
Topic: SE01 count incorrect
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:27:10 PM
Hi,

I am looking for the config file with this on Mapforce 2017. Which one is it? This describes my problem.
Topic: How to change Subelement Separator?
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:25:26 PM
Island,
Thanks! I thought <US> was a special character. Dah!
Topic: How to change Subelement Separator?
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:02:26 AM

Hi,

We need to write out data with the EDI subelement separators as colons, like this

CLM*XXX1234567890*12345.56***21:A:1**C*Y*Y~

but what we get is

CLM*XXX1234567890*12345.56***21\A\1**C*Y*Y~

Can this be set by changing some config file or something like that?
Topic: How to get real segment count in EDI SE
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:58:53 AM
Hi,

We are using MapForce to correct for a very dirty EDI data feed. Most of it I can fix but one I don't know how. The SE01 count from this data source is kind of random. Maybe it's only a few off, maybe high, maybe low. Is there a way in MapForce to know the right and true answer for how many segments are actually present so we can correct the SE?

Thank you.

This is 5010 EDI 837 Institutional and Professional claims data if it matters.

Obviously I can't post the data here for healthcare HIPAA privacy reasons. Sorry.
Topic: How much records can Altova Mapper process?
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:59:35 PM
My experience is that the type of data input dramatically affects the output. Not the composition of the real information but how it is delivered.

Case point: XML based data extracts of EDI 834 data being translated to EDI 834 format was painfully slow. MapForce ground to a screeching halt even with data in the tens of thousands. However, when MapForce got the data from SQL Server as one row in a table per 834 member the translation speed went up literally by a factor of over a hundred times.
Topic: Need to change Composite Separator on fly within mapping
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:01:56 PM
Hi, and thank you for your time reading this.

I am creating outbound EDI files. Different vendors want different composite separators. I can change this under Component Settings -> EDI Settings -> Composite Separator so different mappings could run different vendors. However, we want one mapping to run everyone and except for this one issue it will.

Is it possible to have the program change the Composite Separator AKA sub-element delimiter on the fly, within the mapping? We would change it at the beginning depending on whose data this was to be for.

Is it possible to change on the fly the EDI Configuration we are using? That would have the same effect.

I have attached an image of the Component Settings menu for illustration.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.