IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: underpar
About
User Name: underpar
Forum Rank: Member
Location everywhere
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.10% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Libraries - Relative instead of absolute paths
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:32:28 PM
It is not possible to add libraries via relative paths.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: One or several additional values were skipped - Database
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:34:21 AM
I assume by "database mapping" you mean that you are mapping contents of a database "source" table to a database "target" table. If this is the case, then this message likely has to to with the fact that you have not connected anything to the "table connector" of the "target" table i.e. have not connected a field in the source table to the "table connector" of the "target" table or have not connected the "table connector" of the "source" table to the "table connector" of the "target" table.

By "table connector" of the "target table" I mean the connector to the left of the table name in the target database component of your mapping. The Messages window in Mapforce should be showing TWO warnings i.e.

New Design1: Mapping validation successful - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Table2 has no input connection and will be generated only once.
You can try to connect Table1 with Table2 to resolve.

New Design1: Execution successful - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
One or several additional values were skipped. The value "a" was mapped. First skipped value(s): "b", "c".

The first warning points to the cause e.g. "Table2" (the target table) has no input connection (i.e. nothing has been mapped to the table connector of the target database table.) as well as a proposed solution i.e. "You can try to connect Table1 with Table2 to resolve."

Compare the two screenshots below.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: C# code performance issue
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:56:27 AM
In general we would suggest using the Mapforce built-in engine (Mapforce Server) to execute mappings (as opposed to generating code) because the built-in engine contains various performance optimizations as well as other benefits e,g, supporting true streaming of large files.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: Customize (XSD-Schema)Schema
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 5:29:27 PM
With respect to validation the schema for schemas is hardcoded in the software.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: Seperate node in source to be child node in destination
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 9:08:45 AM
Hi,

See attached mapping solution which uses "group-starting-with".

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: How to use Documents.NewFileFromText method
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 8:39:42 AM
Note that the following will work (META tag is closed with forward slash at end of tag) and quotes are prepended with a backslash:

var str = "<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><META http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\"/><title>Some Title</title></head><body></body></html>"

Application.Documents.NewFileFromText(str , "html");

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: How to use Documents.NewFileFromText method
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:41:21 AM
This would appear to be a bug and has been logged in the internal bug database

The bug entry number is TTP# 52761

Application.Documents.NewFileFromText method returns an error if the first parameter is not well formed xml (even for non xml file types)

As soon as this issue has been addressed it will appear on our release notes page:

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: compute-when=once resets
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:04:13 AM
Hi,

this behaviour should be fixed in an upcoming release i.e. so that when the schema reloads the "compute-when" does not revert to its initial state.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: Prevent "Mobiletogether" announcement popul
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:13:43 PM
Hi,

sorry about the multiple notifications, we will reduce these to a single announcement per MissionKit.

Altova Support Engineer
Topic: Schema for mfd files
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2014 6:43:25 PM
Hi,

a schema for mfd files is not provided..

Altova Support Engineer

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.