IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: aultmike
About
User Name: aultmike
Forum Rank: Member
Location 44708
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.09% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: XML Comparison API
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:43:05 PM
Does DiffDog offer some form of API so that it could be used programmatically? For instance if I wanted to write a C# app that compared two xml files and displayed the differences.
Topic: Adding additional comments or metadata to xslt
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:08:13 PM
Is there any way I can set a property in the MapForce map that will persist itself to the xslt as a comment? I'm thinking I would like to be able to specify a date compiled or a version number...

Thanks
Topic: Replacing a character with another character in XSLT 1.0
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:04:02 PM
Duuuuuuuuude! Thats awesome! Thank you for taking the time to reply. :) Thats much more elegant than what I did. If there was a way I could, I would give you a gold star or upvote your post. Thanks again!
Topic: Replacing a character with another character in XSLT 1.0
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:25:59 PM
Lets say I have a string like so: 123-45-6789 and I want to replace the - with a space. How would I best accomplish this in XSLT 1.0. Right now I'm thinking I would have to split the string into three pieces and then concat them back together... Any ideas?

Thanks
Topic: None of the outputs is connected after inlining.
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:38:08 PM
Where did you guys land on this? I'm noticing the same thing and was curious as to what it meant. Thanks
Topic: Installing New Version...
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:20:16 PM
Is it necessary to Un-install the current version of XmlSpy, Mapforce, etc when I want to install a new version?
Topic: Refreshing Input XML File
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:04:13 PM
I've noticed that when I have an input file specified for and XSD and I change the contents of the input file, those changes arent reflected in mapforce until I reload the mfd... has anyone else ran into this?
Topic: String to Long altering value
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:27:33 PM
Here is the reply I received from Altova. Just FYI.

I can only imagine that this has to do with the fact that internally the xpath datatype number stores the value as a floating point number and that this might account for the value not being exactly the same as the string passed to the number function. I don't think this is a bug however as I tested the transformation with another engine as well (msxml) and got the same result. I will have to enquire with the developer responsible for the xpath implementation whether he can clarify the result. Is it possible for you to use xslt 2.0 as a workaround or change the datatype in the target schema of your mapping from long to string?

In the end I ended up changing the type of the field in the destination schema.
Topic: String to Long altering value
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2010 3:33:19 PM
Hello, My source xsd has a field typed as a string... I am directly mapping this field to my destination xsd whose field is typed as a long... I've noticed that the number in the source field get slightly modified when it gets mapped to the destination field when I use run the XSLT. Any Idea why this happens?
Topic: Name of the generated xslt
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:00:09 PM
I understand that I can design multiple mappings in the same file but there is no way to specify the name of each XSLT that will be generated?

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.