IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: jj026799
About
User Name: jj026799
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Orlando, FL
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Share custom MapForce libraries?
Posted: Friday, October 6, 2006 3:17:24 PM
Has anyone out there created some useful custom libraries they wouldn't mind sharing with the programatically challenged? Or do these have to be tied to specific data files?

Would anyone like to see some sort of on-line repository for new Mapforce libraries?

I know I specifically would like to be able to take an unknown number of XML files instanced from the same schema residing in a directory and transfer data from them to another source (flatfile or xml). I can't seem to make this happen with the current XSLT / XQuery or Java libraries. I've messed around with the XPath2 document-uri accessor but I can't seem to make it happen.

I like the idea of keeping all my transforms and code in Mapforce verses creating code in Mapforce, modifying it in a text editor or XMLSpy because it seems like it would be easier to maintain. Also, as I mentioned I am somewhat programatically challenged. Not so much with XSLT or XPath but Java and C#. Both are on my to do list to learn.
Topic: Missing Tutorial Files
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2006 7:28:53 PM
Thanks Paul, that solved the problem!

This isn't a huge deal, but I noticed the tutorial mentions Quickinfo balloons. I couldn't get those Quickinfo balloons to happen in SchemaAgent. I checked the Tools/Options, Tools/Customize and View features but no balloons. Tooltips on the various toolbar icons work fine. Did these balloons get axed in the 2006 R3 SP2 version?

Respectfully,

Julia J.
HD Supply
Topic: Missing Tutorial Files
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 7:10:26 PM
I am all ready to learn SchemaAgent! But unfortunately I cannot find the Tutorial files referenced in the help / tutorial:

..\SchemaAgent2006\SchemaAgentExamples\Tutorial

I tried looking in all of the XMLSuite Examples folders but could not find the files. I tried reinstalling the whole XMLSuite, but still no dice.

Do these files exist? Is there any other way to learn the ins and outs of SchemaAgent?

Thank You!

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.