IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Mapforce on server as batch Options · View
Pleeuwestein
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 3:48:19 PM

Hi all,

Can't seem to find a real good answer in the documentation so here goes..

I have a personal licens for the missionkit, and installed it on my developer machine to create the mapping.

In real life you will never do the import batches on a developer machine but you want to do it on a server.

Does this mean I have to install mapforce also on the server, if I want to make use of the cli when running the mapping ? What does this mean for the license ? I'm basically installing it on two machines then..

Thank in advance

Patrick

vlad
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:38:32 PM

This depends on the license you've purchased. Only if you have a concurrent license, you can use MapForce on server too, provided you do not use this license on you developer machine at the same time (i.e. concurrently). In all other cases you will need an own MapForce license for your server.
TBlackbird
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:52:42 PM

Why don't you generate an application from MapForce and deploy that to your server? The application code MapForce generates is royalty-free.
Pleeuwestein
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:00:58 PM

Thanks for the replies.. I'm embedding the generated code into an inhouse application now.. so this should work ok..