IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

input parameters for SQL queries Options · View
ultrabeet
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 10:13:57 AM

Sometimes database design can become complex and there could be 5 or more tables required to generate the output.

Working on Mapforce blocks in this case becomes too hard as you need to manage too many conditions, whereas the database query could produce such a result straight away.

I think it would be useful to be able to pass input variables to a SQL statement.
i.e. (select * from a JOIN b ON a.i=b.i where a.b=:bVariable and (a.c+b.c)>200) which would produce bVariable input in the query block (just like in SQL-Where/Order)

PS. The example is only to give the idea of how such a thing could look

Thanks for your consideration
vlad
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 11:52:51 AM

All you need is to update to MapForce 2013 - everything you are looking for is there!
ultrabeet
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:01:16 PM

vlad wrote:
All you need is to update to MapForce 2013 - everything you are looking for is there!

Thanks vlad!

It looks like I somehow missed this feature in the "new features" list...
eamankwahmanu
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 3:14:39 PM

Thank you guys for this information. I would to say that all my projects are finally generated into a java code and run with ant, but the information you have provided seem not to work with java code generation. Any idea as to how to accomplish such as task in java?

Regards,