IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Create PDF ready for printing lables i.e. Avery 3652 Options · View
Bry
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:03:45 PM

Hi,

need hint or help for generating a PDF, ready for printing on 7 x 3 label (3 columns and 7 rows) like Avery 3652. My XML contain all elements in equal nodes. I tried a solution using 3 columns (page properties -> page layout) but that means I'm getting the first 7 labes in the first column, label 8 to 13 on the second column and so on. But I want the first three elements in the first row continueing the 4th element in the second row and so on.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
vlad
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 7:53:52 AM

You could implement this with a dynamic table which has fix amount of columns - 3 in your case.

You must make sure that this table gets a new row for 1st, 4th, 7th etc elements - this can be done with a user-defined template based on position function:

Row[position() mod 3 = 1]

Next you need to supply every column with data from the current row, next row and next-next row. This can be done with user-defined templates based on following-sibling predicate

following-sibling::Row[1]

Here is the input file, whole design and its output.

vlad attached the following image(s):
Input.PNG
Design.PNG
Output.PNG

Bry
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:33:40 PM

Thanx Vlad! Helped very much.
(Sorry for late response)