IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Excel to XML - Repeated Data in Cells to Single XML node Options · View
ShawnL
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 8:38:25 PM

Hi There -

Looking for some help on accomplishing something in MapForce.

Let's say I have a column with a bunch of values in it. A lot of those values are repeated but the rest of the data I'm mapping to XML is different.

Example:

Row Headers: Item / Vendor / Cost / Price / Assignment

1010 / McKinney / 10.00 / 20.00 / 101
1011 / McKinney / 10.00 / 20.00 / 101
1012 / Sargent / 20.00 / 30.00 / 101
1013 / Sargent / 30.00 / 40.00 / 102
1014 / Sargent / 40.00 / 60.00 / 102

The important bit is the Assignment. I need to feed those into two places in the XML map. In the first place they can only exist once. I can handle the second place they need to go, that's easy.

Is there a way to Map from Excel to XML, the Assignment column but only once for each occurrence of a value?

I want to feed 101 and 102 into an XML node but only once even though 101 and 102 exist in more than one row of the excel data. Is this possible using any of the MapForce functions?

Excuse me, I'm a bit of a MapForce amateur and I thought I'd ask here to see if there was an easy solution before I logged a support ticket.

Thank you so much for Reading!

Shawn Luginbuhl
ShawnL
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 8:58:23 PM

Hi There -

Please disregard...

I ended up figuring out how to do it with distinct-values & replicate-sequence. I'm not even sure the replicate-sequence is necessary but it's working so I'm not going to complain for now.

Thank you if you ended up reading!

Shawn