IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Conditional Constant or similar Options · View
mfebres
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:27:33 PM

Hello,

I need to generate 2 XSLT versions of the same project but with a few different function and constants. Right now I have them in 2 different mapping files but I am wondering if there is an easy/better way to manage both projects under just one project. Right now, If I need to do a change or add/remove something I need to do it in both files as they share almost 95% of the logic.

I guess it is possible to use an if else to assign those constants but that logic will be available in the XSLT and I would like to avoid that. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks,
Miguel

that
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 11:27:56 AM

This sounds like you could extract common parts of your mapping to user-defined functions stored in an MFD library mapping.
Or, a bit more exotic, extract the diverging parts to user-defined functions in separate MFD libraries and change the library list whenever you want to work on the "other" mapping.