IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Nested Recursive XML elements Options · View
jericho2597
Posted: Monday, September 2, 2019 2:06:32 AM

Hi,

I have encountered some issues trying to create a user-defined function that will map an XML file that has complex type elements that can recursively contain themselves to an infinite depth.

I have looked at the recursive search guide on the Altova website and it gave some help however it seems to solve the issue of filtering elements in a nested structuring but not mapping them to a non nested form.

The input I have is a XML file which can have multiple 'BuildingPart' elements that can further contain these elements. I want to output a list of all 'BuildingPart' elements in an excel spreadsheet where each row has the attributes of one element. Also ideally there would be a second tab in the sheet that contains ID's of directly linked parent-child BuildingParts. I can't figure out how to go from the nested XML structure to a list of all elements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jericho
K101
Posted: Monday, September 2, 2019 7:01:24 AM

If you could attach some example files (as well as whatever mapping you have so far) to your original post that would be helpful.
that
Posted: Monday, September 2, 2019 11:25:40 AM

An example mapping named "FlattenHierarchy.mfd" is shipped with MapForce; maybe you can use it as a guidance.