IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Element not allowed at xml/xsd validation Options · View
Nikked
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:50:18 PM

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a .fo file out of an .xml file and a .pxf file via the altova stylevision server cli command:

C:\Altova\StyleVisionServer\bin\StyleVisionServer.exe gen --inputxml=default_xml_structure.xml --fo=FO/default_fo_structure.fo 00_relance1.pxf

The original .sps uses the xml and xsd files linked below. They are not embedded when saved as pxf.

I've just added a new xs:element to the xsd as well as a new element to the xml called "ISRNumber" and the command fails the generation now. Before it was working like a charm. The output is linked below.

Quote:
An error occurred loading the input document (file:///C:/Users/xxx/Desktop/PROD_TEST/default_xml_structure.xml)
Error: file:///C:/Users/xxx/Desktop/PROD_TEST/default_xml_structure.xml:22: Element <ISRNumber> is not allowed under element <XMLLetter>.
Reason: The following elements are expected at this location
'DataLines'
'CustomFields'
Details:
cvc-complex-type.1.4: Element <ISRNumber> unexpected by type '{anonymous}' of element <XMLLetter>.
cvc-type.3.2: Element <XMLLetter> is not valid with respect to type definition '{anonymous}'.
cvc-elt.5.2.1: The element <XMLLetter> is not valid with respect to the actual type definition '{anonymous}'.

I'm not very familiar with xml/xsd validation, so maybe there is something I'm missing here. I tried searching the forum but most posts describing the issue refer to MapForce which I'm not familiar with. I tried some solutions by changing the xsd but I've had no success, so I'm curious.

I did validate the xml with XMLSpy using the schema and there were no problems before. (like order problems of any sort)

Please help me understand my mistake. I appreciate any help on this topic.
Thank you in advance.

Nik

File Attachment(s):
default_xml_structure.xsd (7kb) downloaded 254 time(s).
default_xml_structure.xml (2kb) downloaded 259 time(s).

Nikked attached the following image(s):
cli_ouput.PNG