IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Connecting to NetSuite via SuiteAnalytics Connect (ODBC) Options · View
jbzech
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:58:57 PM

I'm working in a demo NetSuite account now and trying to access the database underneath using their ODBC connector through SuiteAnalytics Connect. I have the ODBC configured correctly (passes the System DNS connection test anyway). When I connect using DatabaseSpy, though, get a message that "databasespy does not work natively with the database kind that you have specified".

Has anyone successfully used DatabaseSpy with NetSuite's ODBC connector? Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?
K101
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 10:36:45 AM

What's the problem? Does the ODBC connection not work at all? That message just says DatabaseSpy doesn't work natively, not that it won't work. (Not working is, however, a possibility.)
jbzech
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 1:29:48 PM

The connector appears to work. When I Test Connection in the System DNS, I get a success. Database Spy appears to connect, but I get that message that it is not natively supported. The database shows up in the left panel, but I can't expand it to see tables or do much with it. I would have expected it to work with Database Spy. I'm just not sure if the issue is Database Spy's limitation, or NetSuite's, or if there is a way to configure them to work together.