IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Altova_Hierarchical_DB.mfd only inserting one row when run from (debug) interface Options · View
DelphiGuy
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:36:04 PM

Hello,

I am trying do something that is very similar to Altova_Hierarchical_DB.mfd. I looked at the example (Altova_Hierarchical_DB.mfd) and the online documentation. Then created my own mapforce project and tables with the appropriate Foreign Keys.

When I run my project (via debugging in the mapforce application) I am only getting one row in the database for the top database table. The XML source I am using should produce two rows.

I decided to run the Altova_Hierarchical_DB.mfd. I get the same results. - only one row is being inserted in the Altova table. Is there some configuration in the user interface I am missing?

The Altova is an Access database and I am inserting into a MS SQL Server database (2005).

Is there something I am not doing correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
island
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 4:51:00 AM

> I decided to run the "Altova_Hierarchical_DB.mfd". I get the same results. - only one row is being inserted in the Altova table.

This is what is expected in this example. The "Altova" element is connected to the "Altova" table. As the "Altova" source element only occurs once,
only one row will be inserted into the target "Altova" table.

With regards to your particular case: My guess is that you have not connected the correct element to the table. You need to connect the element in your source file which iterates twice so that two rows will be produced.

If you have connected the element which iterates twice to the target table and are STILL only getting one row in the database, then you might have to
disable the "Enable input processing optimizations based on min/maxOccurs" checkbox for you input xml component.