IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

How to make Authentic forms dynamically respond to size of dynamic tables? Options · View
acorbett
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:19:58 PM

Greetings,

I'm creating an SPS to use in Authentic for editing a collection of XML docs. These docs have nodes with variable number of children -- for which I am creating dynamic tables. However, when I open these XML docs in Authentic, the space allotted to the dynamic table does not change to accommodate the size of the dynamic table. That makes it pretty hard to create useable forms in Authentic.

Is there a way to create an SPS so that the form layout adjusts to the size of dynamic tables within it? BTW, I'm using StyleVision Basic.

Thanks for any help or insight,
andrew
acorbett
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:22:36 PM

UPDATE...

The solution appears to be to NOT following the instructions to use layout containers and boxes. Instead I am placing tables directly on the document, using static tables as containers for other data entry objects. When I do this, the document layout adjusts to the size of tables.

I suspect that the layout boxes are for absolute position when you are replicating a form. In this case, I just need a flexible form for entering variable xml data.

Hope this is helpful to someone...

andrew