IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Dynamic Pages Options · View
tuanvoooooo1
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 7:35:15 AM

Hi!
Was wondering how to make dynamic pages?
ea. where i got multiple names, and want each name on each seperate page. the name is from a db schema.
K101
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 12:24:48 PM

Not sure if this is what you're after, but the attached example gets a list of names from an Access database and puts one on each page.

File Attachment(s):
2018-07-02, Dynamic Pages.zip (14kb) downloaded 370 time(s).

tuanvoooooo1
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:09:33 AM

Stupid question, but how do i open the sps file correctly? when i open it, a warnings saying a Critical Error has occured.
("DB connection or data retrieval failed. Database Connection Error.
Reason: Failed to connect to the database
COM Error: "unkown error 0x800A0E7A" Description: "Provider cannot be found. it may not be properly installed"
Warning: the selected db objects have not been loaded because db connection could not be established!
Warning: Could not resolve match "Names" in template (DB table)")
K101
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:43:10 AM

That's because it uses an Access database, and you have to have the same architecture Access driver and StyleVision installed (that is, 32-bit or 64-bit).
pvg
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 9:01:04 AM

K101 wrote:
That's because it uses an Access database, and you have to have the same architecture Access driver and StyleVision installed (that is, 32-bit or 64-bit).

In my case i had Office x32 installed and the x64 driver installer suggests to remove office first :-)
You can however install the x64 driver using the installer in /quiet mode, see https://localcoder.org/hand-install-of-64-bit-ms-access-odbc-drivers-when-32-bit-office-is-present.

Connection to the database worked fine for me when using the 'file DSN' option, making sure to select the x64 driver