IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XMLSpy with Jenkins Options · View
nilsb6
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:16:54 PM

Hello,

i want to use XMLSpy to generate schema documentation.
For this i made a java project to instantiate an application and call 'generateSchemaDocumentation' on the xsd file i want to generate documentation for.

I wrote a gradle script to execute the generation with some parameter and to automate the generation step.
When running the script on a windows machine the generation finishes successfully.

To automate the generation i want to call this script from a jenkins build job. The jenkins service, XMLSpy and StyleVision are all installed on the same machine.
When running the script from the build job, instead of running it on the machine via the command line, the following exception is thrown:

com.altova.automation.libs.AutomationException: Cannot create automation server.
at com.altova.automation.libs.AutomationServer.IGetAutomationServer(Native Method)
at com.altova.automation.libs.AutomationServer.<init>(AutomationServer.java:29)
at com.altova.automation.XMLSpy.Application.<init>(Application.java:34)
at RunXMLSpy.generateDocumentation(RunXMLSpy.java:156)
at RunXMLSpy.main(RunXMLSpy.java:44)

Does anyone know, why this does not work in combination with a jenkins build job?

Thanks for your help!