IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Component Diagram – Adding Custom Image Options · View
dcova
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:02:27 PM

I would like to add a custom image to my Component Diagram. I reviewed the Altova Component Diagram documentation but unable to find instructions about adding a custom image to a Component Diagram. I see it is possible for other types of UML diagrams but unable to learn how to with a component diagram. Please advise. Thanks
rasgeado
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:54:10 AM

You can do this by adding a profile with a stereotype that points to the graphic. See the link below for instructions--it illustrates how to a custom icon for a Deployment diagram but the same steps apply for Component diagram as well.

http://manual.altova.com/UModel/umodelenterprise/umstereotype_icons_-_adding_to_c.htm
dcova
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 3:48:39 PM

Thanks for your reply and pointing me in the right direction. It works but it was very painful with so many steps. I wish Altova would make it easier to simply change an image. I guess that's the difference between a modeling tool such as UModel and a simple diagramming tool.

Thanks again.