IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

UI Colours killing my eyes.. Options · View
kungfoowiz
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:02:42 PM

Hey guys,

I am using altovoa at work and for long hours, I noticed sp3 was released recently and installed it and to my disappointment the background ui colours are still not entirely changeable for the editor! =(

I noticed there are some options to change colours, but I tweaked them and it only darkens parts of the background. As you can see from the screenshot, the xml values/xqueries are still display white, which basically makes it harder to see, lol.

Also the UI you are not able to change its colours.

Hope that makes sense.

Is it possible this easy feature can be implemented into the next release?

For example, even just a dark mid grey or some UI themes would help save my eyes.

Thanks a lot,
Edward
mkl
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:08:32 AM

Hi Edward,
please set background for each item separately under Styles for "XML generic" category under Tools|Options|Text fonts, instead of setting "Use the same for all". Then, switch to XQuery and set background for Contents and Operators, as in attached screenshots.

mkl attached the following image(s):
Untitled.png

kungfoowiz
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:19:07 AM

Thanks for your help man, that works a treat, the colours changes you suggested work perfectly =) Thank you very much, I much prefer mid tones, it rests your eyes when you have a lot of stuff to look at.

Cheers =)