IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Flowforce Server FTP issues Options · View
AdamInternational
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 2:48:10 AM

I've set up an execution to move a file from the hard drive to an ftp, and it all works fine, except for the file landing on the ftp has 0 bytes.

Any idea what's going on there, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Adam
K101
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 9:15:29 AM

Are you able to upload a file using another FTP client on the same machine? Do you have "Use passive mode" enabled or not, and does that setting make any difference?
AdamInternational
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:56:37 PM

With passivemode disabled, I'm able to send the file name, but with 0 bytes. With it enabled, it doesn't even send the filename.

I can send a file (and with the proper bytes) using Filezilla

Adam
AdamInternational
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:30:05 AM

Here's a screenshot of my settings for the FTP transfer, and what happens with the file (it uploads the name, but with 0 bytes)

If anyone can see where I'm going wrong, please let me know! This is the last component that I need to make everything work smoothly

Adam

AdamInternational attached the following image(s):
Screenshot (3).jpg

K101
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 7:06:35 AM

Unfortunately the screenshot's resolution is too low to make out any details. Perhaps it would be best to enclose a full-resolution PNG version of the screenshot in a zip archive before attaching.

In case the screenshot has any sensitive information (usernames/passwords/etc.), you might want to consider contacting Altova Support directly instead of posting in this public forum.