IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Sending result file as an e-mail Options · View
AdamInternational
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:24:48 AM

Is there a way to do this? I've got the e-mail all set up and it'll send one, but it asks for a specific name for the attachment, and the file name is dynamic based upon entries within the mapforce mapping.

Any thoughts?

Adam
K101
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 9:14:04 AM

Do I understand correctly that you're computing the output file name in your MapForce mapping? If so, add a simple string output component to your mapping and return the output filename to it as well as to the actual output file component.

Then, you'll be able to access that simple output value in the mapping step's stdout in your FlowForce Server job.
AdamInternational
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:52:06 PM

Perfect! Thanks much for this :-)

Adam
AdamInternational
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 3:57:06 AM

I've created an output called "filename" as well as the x12 output, but am not quite able to figure out how to use stdout to get the variable.

Do I place this in an execution step, or can I just use a function to call it in the attachment area?

Would be great help to let me know how best to accomplish this!

Best

Adam
K101
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 2:22:15 PM

Assign the result of the mapping step to some name (e.g., "MyResult").

Then, use the /system/mail/send function to send yourself an e-mail. Set the subject to be '{content(stdout(MyResult))}' and you'll receive an e-mail holding the value you sent to the simple output component.