IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Schema caching Options · View
moomi
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 4:50:00 PM

Greetings~

I'm evaluating RaptorXml and looking at performance metrics. I can't find any mechanism to cache schemas.
With our current solution, and other products I'm evaluating, caching is possible.
Multiple runs using the same top level schema do not give increased performance.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
leromi
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 9:45:48 AM

hi moomi!

raptorxml caches schemas in memory only during one "job", which means during one invocation on the command-line;
raptorxml can validate multiple xml instances against the same in-memory top-level schema using this command:
raptorxml xsi --schema XSD.xsd XML1.xml XML2.xml XML3.xml ...
the names from the XMLn.xml instances can also be loaded from a file
raptorxml xsi --schema XSD.xsd --listfile xml-instances.txt
where xml-instances.txt contains one filename per line
XML1.xml
XML2.xml
XML3.xml

this way the XSD.xsd schema is loaded only once from disk and instance validation for all XMLn.xml instances uses the same in-memory schema;

raptorxml also supports python and .net apis which gives you even finer control how xml instances are validated; using the api you could load the top-level schema into memory and use it to validate multiple xml instances (see xml module);

does this help?