IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Autonumber Options · View
AdamInternational
Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 2:28:13 AM

Attached is an output EDI that I'm trying to map from an excel database (also attached). I've got all the mapping working EXCEPT the numbers in the HL lines

The first number after HL I use Autonumber for, but for the second number in the "D" line and on the "I" line I need to do some math on using the current generated autonumber ()for the "D" line I need to subtract 1 from the first number, and for the "I" line I need to have the number calculated for the "D" line plus 1, used for all the entries)

Anytime I try to do any math with the Autonumber , it ends up screwing up the entire sequence. Is there a way to do that, or do I have to use some other type of function?

Adam

File Attachment(s):
EDI AFC014500Test.xlsx (11kb) downloaded 407 time(s).
testgood.x12 (2kb) downloaded 336 time(s).

island
Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 12:11:36 PM

It would be helpful to attach your mapping file (.mfd) as well otherwise it is impossible to understand what the situation is.