IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Single column 'dynamic' table Options · View
jonathanmusto
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:37:23 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for feature requests, but I've been a StyleVision user for over 5yrs now and I can't believe the below hasn't been implemented yet.

It would be nice to have the option to create a 'dynamic' 2 column table based on an XML node that would create header column listing all the sibling node names, then a corresponding (content) column. I bit like creating a standard dynamic table on a node, but crucially, it should place the parent node template around the whole table, then each sibling node template around it's corresponding row; so that the row is only output if the sibling node is present. This would save a lot of time as currently I have create this manually on very complex nodes. e.g.

|parent>
|sibling_1> | sibling_1 | (content) |
|sibling_2> | sibling_2 | (content) |
|sibling_n> | sibling_n | (content) |
<parent|

Unless anyone knows an easy way to do this?
vlad
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:25:25 PM

If I got you right, you have an XML structure like this

<root>
<parent>
<element1>text1</element1>
<element2>text2</element2>
<element3>text3</element3>
</parent>
</root>

and need to display table like in the first screenshot

This is very easily possible with design displayed in the second screenshot. The row template must be * and (AutoCalc) equal name() or local-name() function.

If you meant something different, then do yourself and us a favor and attach a sample XML file and sample image of the rendering

vlad attached the following image(s):
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG