IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

DiffDogBatch Commandline how to use a filter Options · View
harrison.beaumier.pharmerica
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 5:31:03 PM

Hi,

I am using DiffDog 2016 evaluation right now to POC that it can perform the comparisons we need and filter out certain XML nodes that we want to ignore.

I want to use a predefined filter, but it does not seem to work. Here is my current syntax:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Altova\DiffDog2016\DiffDogBatch.exe" /cF "C:\DDTesting\6072813.00_Legacy.xml" "C:\DDTesting\6072813.00_vNext.xml" /mX /dD /dL /iN /iOA /iOC /iP /f "eMessagingComparisonFilters" /rX "C:\DDTesting\eMessagingDetailedComparison.xml"

With or without double quotes it is not recognizing the filter I entered into the GUI. I don't know where the predefined filter is supposed to be stored. I though it is the GUI. Under comparison options in the XML tab, I went to "Filter out specific elements/attributes".
I created filter eMessagingComparisonFilter. It just has two elements, not attribute filters:
SentTime
Security

When I run the command line above, I get:
ERROR: Predefined filter for elements/attributes not found: eMessagingComparison
Filters

What to I need to do to either create filter for the commandline or use the filter I entered into the GUI?

Thanks
island
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:54:11 AM

Hi,

did you close Diffdog (GUI) after creating the filter? This is necessary in order for the filter to be saved so that it can be used by DiffdogBatch.
harrison.beaumier.pharmerica
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 1:39:34 PM

Wow! I think that worked. I see no error now, and I believe that the filter worked. I will test further.

Thanks for your help! It is greatly appreciated!