IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

SchemaAgent Server use Options · View
DC Kelley
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:55:24 PM

Today we run a public "XML schema repository" with dozens of complex schemas from several standards groups. Basically it is a raw set of directory files because most of our user base knows what they want and where to get it, but we also have about 50,000 files in XMLSpy generated documentation (which our users love, thank so much for the smaller pages in the new release!). Users are encouraged to get their own authoritative copy from this resource (and frankly some of our standards publishing partners still try to distribute schemas on printed paper) and it work well enough, but it is time to take it to the next level.

I am considering the pros and cons of using SchemaAgent Server to provide a better level of support for our users who use Altova products.

If I were to place this on one of our public servers (Win 2000 or Win 2003) what level of control will I have over who can access the results? I have a need to limit the access to some schema sets, while making other completely free and public. Does your tool provide any supoort for this, or must I use IIS access controls? Can I run multiple copies of it on the same machine, would I need to?

Other then the integration with some database utility, are there any other benifits in having a SchemaAgent Server that I should be aware of?

DCK