IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Xml into Pdf converting issue (using Altova StyleVision) Options · View
MichaelUA
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2020 7:21:51 PM

Hello!

I have to convert the list of items from xml to pdf format. For this purpose I use dynamic table based on the input data.
If I have a huge list of items (that is invoice for instance ) the table could be on several pages. But I need to break somehow the table on the first page by including another info block that is not within the input data (total) to the bottom of the page. And then the table should continue on the next page at the break point (see attached schema).

Is there any possibility to do this?

MichaelUA attached the following image(s):
StyleVision_question.png

K101
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2020 1:50:50 PM

Sounds like an application for a table footer, since those can repeat on each page. Either that or a page footer. See, for example, "Table headers and footers in PDF output", or Headers and Footer, in the docs.

Perhaps the "Tables with Sub-Totals.sps" example installed along with StyleVision will give you some ideas.
MichaelUA
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:20:22 PM

K101 wrote:
Sounds like an application for a table footer, since those can repeat on each page. Either that or a page footer. See, for example, "Table headers and footers in PDF output", or Headers and Footer, in the docs.

Perhaps the "Tables with Sub-Totals.sps" example installed along with StyleVision will give you some ideas.

Thank you! It was helpful and I could use footer to create the totals. But it is at every single page, when I need it only at the first. As I understood I have only one option to omit footer being displayed each time the page breaks, using the table-omit-footer-at-break property, but it is not what I need, because in such a case footer shows at the end of the table, but not at the first page. Is it any solution to leave footer only at first page? Maybe I could use condition, smth like When CurrentPage = 1 show the footer..