IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

mapping csv to nested XML Options · View
AlexO
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8:31:32 AM

I try to map csv file output to nested XML.
XSD is created like this
1 or more users have netprices of 1 or more products, the products have 1 or more different quantities with their prices.
But Altova MapForce creates a XML output like this
User has product with one quantity and the price, and the same user has the same product with another quantity and the price...
I need to create output XML like this
user1 has netprices of product1 with quantity1 and price1 and product2 with quantity2 and price2 en product3 and so on
user2 has netprices of product1 with quantity1 and price1 and product2 with quantity2 and price2 and product3 and so on
user3 has netprices of product1 with quantity1 and price1 and product2 with quantity2 and price2 and product3 and so on

How to achieve this?

Please help!
K101
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 8:37:37 AM

It appears you me your output sample doesn't contain the same data as your input sample, but perhaps the attached example.mfd will help you understand how to use group-by.

File Attachment(s):
example.mfd (5kb) downloaded 145 time(s).

AlexO
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 4:32:27 PM

K101 wrote:
It appears you me your output sample doesn't contain the same data as your input sample, but perhaps the attached example.mfd will help you understand how to use group-by.

Thank you very much! That is what I needed. It works now!