IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

REST APi and JSON as a target - problem Options · View
Pawel
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2019 6:23:28 PM

Hello all,

I would like to get some help on the problem that I am experiencing when trying to get and then map an json output/answer from a web REST API.
The problem is that when I get an answer from API using "decode -mime-entity function" I get a json answer as a correct json answer from service please see below. But when I want to provide a json schema to the response with 200 status I don't get any data (like an empty json file). At this point I don't know what I am missing, is the json structure provided a problem?

The REST API service returns data in JSON format. Plsae see also below a sample correct json answer from the service which I want then map to some xls or text file as a source

I will also include a json schema file that I am using as a structure for rest API answer with 200 status and for structure to the output file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

File Attachment(s):
test09112019v2.schema.json (2kb) downloaded 50 time(s).

Pawel attached the following image(s):
webservice call settings from mapforce.JPG
answer REST API from postman software.JPG
answer decode mime entity function.JPG
mapforce project view.JPG
empty result from json schema attached.JPG

that
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:23:28 PM

This happens because the received reply is not valid against the provided schema. Some of the properties are null, however the schema doesn't allow null values.
Pawel
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 6:56:49 PM

Hello that,

Thank you, for your answer. It works now thanks to you, I have added missing "type":"null" to the json schema.

Pawel