IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Problem with line-breaks in PDF transforms Options · View
marcino
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:32:01 PM

Hello,
This problem occur since I moved from Altova 2017 to 2019.

When I generate PDF file I have missing empty line-breaks which I defined on designer. This is only issued for PDF, other formats are generated correctly.

I checked XSLT-FO transform and I was searching part of code responsible for line-breaks. Then I noticed that definition for <fo:block/> is missing:

currently (not working):
Code:
xsl:template match="altova:line-break" mode="second-step">
        <xsl:variable name="name-following-sibling" select="name(following-sibling::*[1])"/>
        <xsl:variable name="name-preceding-sibling" select="name(preceding-sibling::*[1])"/>
        <xsl:if test="($name-following-sibling and $name-following-sibling != ''fo:table'' and $name-following-sibling != ''altova:line-break'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''altova:basic-link-container'') or $name-preceding-sibling = ''altova:line-break''">
            <fo:block/>
        </xsl:if>
    </xsl:template>

previously (working):
Code:
<xsl:template match="altova:line-break" mode="second-step">
        <xsl:variable name="name-following-sibling" select="name(following-sibling::*[1])"/>
        <xsl:variable name="name-preceding-sibling" select="name(preceding-sibling::*[1])"/>
        <xsl:if test="($name-following-sibling and $name-following-sibling != ''fo:table'' and $name-following-sibling != ''altova:line-break'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''altova:basic-link-container'') or $name-preceding-sibling = ''altova:line-break''">
            <fo:block>
                <xsl:if test="($name-preceding-sibling != ''altova:inline-container-substitute'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''fo:inline'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''fo:basic-link'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''altova:bookmark'' and $name-preceding-sibling != ''altova:hyperlink'') or ($name-following-sibling != ''altova:inline-container-substitute'' and $name-following-sibling != ''fo:inline'' and $name-following-sibling != ''fo:basic-link'' and $name-following-sibling != ''altova:bookmark'' and $name-following-sibling != ''altova:hyperlink'')">
                    <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
            </fo:block>
    </xsl:template>

I am not sure if it is Altova 2019 bug or it could be configured somewhere. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.
island
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:20:57 AM

Hi,

please contact support and provide them with your sps file, your working xml file and xml schema(s).
MarcinK
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:31:23 AM

Hello,
did you get any information about this problem? I have the same issue after upgrade StyleVision from 2018r2 sp1 to 2019r3.